terrorism matters concerning the FARC, ETA, Hezbollah, and Al-Qaeda.
Mr. Rossini served as an FBI representative to the CIA’s Counterterrorist Center (CTC) at CIA Headquarters and he was one of the founding executives of the National
Counterterrorism Center (NCTC).
Amongst his many duties at the NCTC, he was responsible for the production of the President’s Terrorist Threat Report (PTTR), and the Threat Matrix, which detailed emerging threats of terrorism. Mr. Rossini briefed the Threat Matrix at the daily 5 p.m. meetings on worldwide counterterrorism operations at the CIA to then Director of Central Intelligence, George J. Tenet, and the executive leadership of the CIA.
After concluding his terrorism duties, Mr. Rossini became the Special Assistant to the Assistant Director of Public Affairs at FBIHQ, and was responsible for the overall operation and management of the division.
Mr. Rossini has lectured extensively at the FBI Academy, the CIA University, and many government and private institutions regarding the PATRIOT ACT, FISA, and the operational duties and responsibilities of the FBI, CIA, and the NCTC.
Mr. Rossini is a subject in several books, including:
• “In the Center of the Storm” by George Tenet
• “The Looming Tower” by Lawrence Wright
• “The Man Who Warned America” by Murray Weiss
• “El Palestino” by Antonio Salas
• “Hubris” by Michael Isikoff and David Korn
• “11 Septembre” by Fabrizio Calvi
• “The Shadow Factory” by James Bamford
Mr. Rossini has appeared in several documentaries regarding the September 11 attacks. Of note are:
• Rachel Maddow’s NBC Universal documentary “Hubris: Selling the Iraq War” based on the book Hubris, co-written by NBC National Investigative Correspondent Michael Isikoff and MSNBC contributor and Mother Jones Washington Bureau Chief David Corn
• “The Spy Factory” on PBS/NOVA, which is based on “The Shadow Factory”
• “Les Routes de la Terreur” directed by Fabrizio Calvi which aired on ARTE 7 in Europe
• “The Secrets of 9/11” on FOX News
• “The 9/11 Decade” on Al-Jazeera
• “The Hunt for Bin Ladin” produced by the BBC, ITV and The Smithsonian Institution
Mr. Rossini has appeared numerous times on the FOX Business Network, MSNBC, and CNBC commenting on high profile criminal and terrorism investigations. He can provide expert analysis and commentary on matters concerning terrorism, crime and the operational duties and functions of governmental agencies that address these issues.
Prior to joining the FBI (1984 -1991) Mr. Rossini was a senior associate at Kroll Associates, an internationally recognized management consulting and corporate intelligence firm.
• Specialized training and certifications:
Advanced White Collar Crime
Certified Undercover Agent
Street Survival School
WMD Basic Conference
Certified Police Instructor
Supervisor Development Course
Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA)
Directorate of Operations Course
Intel Officers Course
Kellogg School of Management, Navigating Change
• Education: Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, State University of New York at Purchase
• Languages: Fluent in Spanish, Proficiency in Italian and French